Monday, June 29, 2009

Color me queer.

We've Trained the Media to Think We're Rich and White. That's a Problem / Queerty

Posted using
ShareThis

Queerty raises an interesting and important point of discussion about the [lack of] representation of queers of color in the media.

Anyone want to collaborate on an inclusive, alternative PRIDE publication?

On a related topic . . . I was at the New York City Heritage of Pride Parade yesterday. I couldn't catch all of it, but from what I did see, there were some disparities, mainly along racial and ethnic lines. It wasn't hard to see that the major groups where severly lacking in diversity, but so were the groups whose missions were outreach to LGBT persons of color. I can't help but think these groups undermine their causes by not reaching out and gathering support from all sectors of the LGBT community.

No comments: